- Maintain and ensure the appropriate calibration of checking, inspection and measuring equipment used within the company.
- Management of customer and supplier master samples by registration, location and maintaining the original signed off conditions.
- In conjunction with the quality department and customer division engineers, coordinate the analysis of all warranty returns from customers including reporting under the customer specified system, ensuring all liabilities are minimised.
- Support production in management of quality issues reported by customers.
- Schedule the test and measurement facilities to meet project and production requirements.
- Ensure a full understanding and application of customer specification requirements implementing updates accordingly.
- Ensure timely planning and completion of COP testing within the plant, organising suitable arrangements for the shipments to external test houses.
- Identify any problems to the Quality Manager.
- Carry out all required tests and prepare reports accordingly.
- Define local methods of testing and test instructions to meet customer requirements and international standards.
- Manage the calibration of all checking and gauging equipment in the company to ensure that relevant customer and international standards are met.
- Carry out and maintain equipment R & R studies in line with IATF 16949.
- Manage CMM programs and data using a central database with safe storage locations for data transfer mediums such as disks etc.
- Maintain database and controlled condition of customer master referential samples, plaques swatches etc.
- Prepare routine reports as requested by the Quality Manager.
- To be adequately trained to carry out testing on all quality laboratory and metrology equipment.
- Ensure that all test equipment, checking CMM fixtures are maintained to the expected level.
- Ensure warranty returns are analysed and report completed and communicate to customer within customer’s deadline.
- Ensure presence of suppliers during warranty returns analysis with customer or if not possible to do so, ensure parts are collected by suppliers within a week.
- Ensure customers’ issues are reported to production as they happen and detailed report given to supervisors.
- Ensure master parts created and displayed on line when new issue raised by customer.
- Responsible for CCC in absence of Quality Manager
- The requirements of China’s implementation rules for Comulsory Certification of Motor Vehicle Products (for interior trim parts: CNCA-C11-09:2014) are fulfilled and that the complete implementation is secured and adjusted periodically according to the given changes.
- That the CCC certified products at all times comply with the Chinese product standard (for interior trim parts: GB8410-2006)
- That a procedure exists that controls the labelling of the product with the CCC logo.
- That a procedure exists which controls that marking of the CCC logo, and assures that it is now applied on faulty or non-certified products. The procedure must also make sure that the logo cannot be put on any products that have been modified after certification without an adjustment of the certificate.
- That a CoP Control Plan is created and implemented.
- That any relevant changes are announced to the Chinese Certification Authority before production of marked CCC products is allowed.
- During the pursuit of all duties of the Code of Ethics and the Code of Management will be adhered to at all times.
- Degree or equivalent
- 2 years experience in a similar role
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK