Metal Forming Supervisor
- Develops, plans and organizes the primary / secondary resources to achieve the required production performance (on time production/minimising scrap/driving ownership of quality/high quality levels. Uses the daily and weekly metrics as the short term driver of change towards scorecard improvements and has a vision for new technology as the long term driver of change.
- Analyses capacity within the metal forming production area and implements actions to maximize productive capacity and remove bottlenecks. Drives the application of set-up reduction techniques and embraces and drives a 5S culture. Measures include OEE, PPM, first pass yield, average change-over time (from last good piece to next good piece).
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement within production. Coordinates all continuous improvement activities and employee development/training with production. Cross trains employees for maximum flexibility and identifies and develops future leaders of the production area. Monitors performance with visual management systems to ensure compliance and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develops a culture where standard work and the concession process is embraced and adhered to rigorously and reacts accordingly to audit results.
- Takes responsibility for communication of updates about production performance to the team as required e.g., EQDCs, facility update meetings, productivity reviews.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Senior Manufacturing Manager.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in production environment (prefer manufacturing or facility administration).
- A clear and practical understanding of breakthrough manufacturing methodology such as lean, Kaizen, SMED, 5S, TPM etc.
- Excellent communication skills with evidence of successful selling of change.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to look ahead to demands in the factory.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK