Mechanical Installation Operative
Responsibilities: Mechanical Fitting & Fabrication and Installation (more details below)
- Match mark mechanical equipment prior to carrying out dismantling works and the transfer of
- marking information to drawings.
- Undertake mechanical maintenance tasks and fault finding on differing machinery and
- Assemble, dismantle and install structures, machine tools, conveyor systems, mechanical
- handling equipment and process/production line equipment.
- Carry out of floor markings to layout drawings.
- Mechanically line and level industrial equipment using machine and dumpy levels or theodolite.
- Work as part of a team assisting other trades.
Fabrication & Installation
- Carry out fabrication tasks involving welding, grinding and oxy acetylene cutting.
- Accurately assess the weight and point of balance of equipment/items to be lifted.
- Carbon steel, screwed pipework installation, including brackets.
- Apprenticeship time served mechanical machine tool fitter
- City & Guilds, BTEC or NVQ qualification, or similar.
- CSCS Card
- Read mechanical and layout drawings.
- Excellent Health & Safety knowledge and Standards
- Undertake any training necessary to meet the requirements of the post
- Undertake any other duties, relevant to your skills, which may from time to time be deemed
- Be open to new ideas, understand the need for change and be willing to adapt.
- Be aware of issues of equality and diversity, to understand and be sensitive to cultural differences.
- Be responsible for your personal presentation in line with company image
- Take all possible steps to ensure a safe working environment for yourself and others.
- The ability to demonstrate a pragmatic and ‘common sense’ approach to problem solving
- Fully flexible regarding working hours and days working, including weekends, out of hours.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience of working within ‘time critical’ production environments.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Willing to travel and work away from home.
- Slinger banksman certification
- Gantry Experience
- Work at height
- FLT licence (7-tonne and above), including the use of jib attachment.
- Overhead crane licence
- IPAF (Cherry Picker/Scissor lift licence.)
- Knowledge of lifting/rigging
- Display a flexible ‘can do’ approach
- Training available
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK