Key Responsibilities and KPI’s
- Assemble mechanical products in accordance with drawings, specifications and build procedures.
- You should always work to an assembly drawing where possible for existing machines.
- In the absence of the assembly drawings, research other sources e.g.: photographs, historic knowledge and inform the Factory Manager who will assist.
- All the parts in the kit should be used and the product fully finished and Quality Assured ready for use.
- Screws should be checked and parts adjusted before completion.
- A ECR should be raised for missing or additional in conjunction with the shop floor manager
- Parts that are manufactured incorrectly should be immediately highlighted to the shop floor manager and a Non-conformance or Rejected note should be completed by the fitter.
Build Sheet Process
- Use builds sheets to ensure times and processes of build are adhered to making notes as required.
- Build sheets should be used at all times except when specifically instructed by the Shop floor Manager or a Director
- Fitters should sign each operation on the build sheet as it is completed.
- Record both time and any notes that are relevant to either the next person doing the same work or where difficulties have been encountered resulting in extra work and / or time.
- Raise Engineering Change Report’s (ECR’s) accordingly when designs have errors and in line with the Factory Manager’s instructions.
- Raise ECR’s when errors are found with design or bills of materials.
- Supporting documents such as drawings, BOM’s and pictures should be attached when required or referenced
Key Competencies / Experience:
- Proven track record in mechanical fitting and assembly.
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- Excellent problem solver, innovative and creative thinker.
- Self-motivated, self-starting and highly organized with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work on a variety of projects of varying duration.
- Adaptable to change, resilient, with a dynamic approach and ability to challenge the norm.
- Familiar with quality within projects ideally worked with ISO standards.
- Understanding of Health and Safety at work.