Mechanical Design Engineer
- Extracting & interpreting customer requirements
- Preparation of system-level design specifications
- Leading Value Engineering Process
- Mechanical systems design and development
- Specifying components
- Assisting system integration, test and validation
- Support production activities
- Preparing documentation for system operation & maintenance
- At least 5 to 10 years significant experience in the mechanical design of automated systems
- Extensive experience with delivering systems into manufacturing environments
- Enthusiasm to create and deliver innovative automated solutions
- Expert knowledge of component parts including pneumatics, motors, drives, encoders etc from major suppliers
- Working familiarity with CAD environment, preferably SolidWorks
- Ability to interpret customer specifications & evaluate customer products & designs.
- Ability to employ engineering techniques to produce robust, innovative solutions.
- Familiarity with Machinery safety directive, PUWER, CE/UKCA Marking
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Systems and procedures.
- Ability to take a leading role as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team.
- A focus on meeting project deadlines & budgets.
- An ability to contribute to multiple concurrent jobs.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK