Mechanical Design Authority
- Involved in the whole mechanical product development lifecycle of professional products
- Provide overall technical ownership and direction for development projects to ensure high quality, repeatable designs that meet the agreed requirements
- At least 5 years proven industry experience in an equivalent role
- Self-starter with ability to demonstrate a mechanical technical leadership within a multidisciplinary product development environment
- Broad experience of mechanical engineering product development for electronic devices with complex mechanical packaging
- Experience partnering with senior stakeholders to ensure product designs fulfil functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience of specifying technical requirements and taking a lead role in delivering against these requirements
- Experience of mechanical design for densely integrated electronic products
- Experience with industrial design
- Experience with thermal design for densely integrated electronic products
- Experience interfacing with hardware development teams
- Innovative with proven ability to generate new ideas and approaches to problems
- Self-driven and motivated with ability to use own initiative and take a technical lead
- Able to promote and share technical decisions and choices made with the wider business
- Excellent analytical, numerical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate a team through strong leadership and technical competence
- Ability to communicate well to both technical and non-technical personnel across multiple disciplines
- Ability to work well in focused teams, sometimes against tight deadlines
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK