Mechanical CAD Designer
- Help to create, analyse and develop state-of-the-art surgical instruments and robotic technology for laparoscopic surgery.
- Create high quality Solidworks CAD models, engineering drawings and parts lists which meet ex-acting requirements for both high and low volume manufacture
- As part of a truly multi-disciplinary product development team of mechanical, electronic, soft-ware and system test engineers, deliver project tasks within agreed timescales and budget from early stage design through to validation
- Collaborate widely across teams to ensure that designs are delivered to the highest standard throughout the product development process.
- A HND or degree in relevant engineering discipline and experience of working in a regulated industry
- A great team player and as keen as we are to produce work to the highest possible standards.
- Experience of creating and maintaining Solidworks CAD models and drawings (including GD&T and tolerance analysis) and other engineering documentation to achieve high performance and reliability
- Experience of working with Solidworks PDM professional and systematic design release and change control processes
- Experience of maintaining designs though whole product lifecycle from concept through to V&V and transfer to manufacture
- Extensive knowledge of modelling and detailing precision machined components, injection mouldings, MIM parts and complex assemblies
- Experience of preparing designs for complex electromechanical systems, re-usable articulated surgical instruments and single use consumables is desirable, but not essential.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK