Job Start Date: ASAP
Commutable From: Newcastle, Washington, Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham
Benefits: To be discussed at interview
We have been asked by our client to support them in their search for a Materials Engineer who will have a strong background within Plastics/Polymer manufacturing.
Working within the D&D team, leading the introduction of all materials, primarily polymers, but in addition to include textiles, paint, flock, extruded foils etc, from initial concept through pre-production development and into full production.
Creating, agreeing and maintaining material specifications with suppliers.
Lead and contributing to cost reduction initiatives with suppliers and the customer.
To assist in trials associated with cost reduction and new products introduction which include:
- material test programs
- creation of internal specification sheets
- cost reduction opportunities achieved by change of material.
To carry out material development with supplier and customer.
To establish all specifications relating to materials.
To ensure that all materials are introduced to agreed timing plans and meet all KUK Ltd and customer specifications.
- Relevant degree in Polymer Science or in Materials/Engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the Plastics Industry;
- Experience of injection moulding process.
- Experience of a high volume Manufacturing Environment;
- Excellent written and verbal English;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Full driver’s license.
- Experience of the automotive industry
- Project Leadership experience
- Experience of Automotive OEM Test specifications
If you would like to apply for the role, simply click the ‘apply now’ button to upload your CV and contact information or contact the assigned consultant for this job vacancy.
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
“Willcox Matthews Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Willcox Matthews Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.