Manufacturing Project Engineer:
Relevant Job Titles:
Manufacturing Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Manager, Industrial Engineer, Manufacturing Manager, Continuous Improvement Engineer,
- To manage project / technical functions within all areas of the business, to ensure that current and new projects are subject to the project management process and that all within each phase gate are completed and within budget.
- To provide written instructions, and the training of technical staff throughout the business with regards to current and new projects and all the related equipment used in and around the plant.
- Technical support & direction to all technical individuals throughout the business, all processes to be documented in the correct formats provided by the company. An ability to capture & analyze data, for the use of effective operational benefits i.e. cost reduction & operational OEE.
- Embrace and live the Company’s 4-I values (Intensity, Integrity, Innovation & Involvement)
- To ensure that all processes meet or exceed health & safety requirements
- Continuous process improvements
- R&D support when and where necessary throughout the cooperation.
- To justify capital & purchased acquisitions in conjunction with the purchasing standards.
- Responsibility for project managing specific programs, inclusive of vendor assessment and to ensure that all PMP stages are followed where deemed necessary i.e., PFMEA, DFMEA, DQ, IQ, OQ, PQ, FAT, SAT, SPC & GMP standards. (See Appendix)
- To assist with initial costing of products and the construction of the BOM`s
- Report out on a weekly basis, based upon your activities and performance and to highlight any possible hindrances foreseen that may affect the business and it performance.
- Establishes quality requirements, tolerances and specifications. Coordinate and complete the validation process for new moulding processes, machines and equipment. Coordinates and directs training for the operation.
- Fully participates in PPI /Lean with daily Gemba participation & support of production objectives including schedule execution, downtime reduction, troubleshooting, etc. Supports effective Gap teams to drive continuous improvements. Provides technical assistance and expertise to manufacturing in problematic situations, implementing corrective action. Lead kaizen events to quickly address opportunities associated with safety, quality, delivery and costs.
- Communicate with production management, other engineers, set up, operators, etc. to resolve problems, identify needs and implement improvements.
- To ensure that the one over one process is maintained and followed vigorously and to encourage good working ethics within the company.
- Degree in Plastics or Mechanical Engineering with 5-10 years’ experience in the plastics moulding and / or plastics engineering field with a high propensity toward technical competency.
- Excellent technical skills including demonstrated technical competent and capable of handling all projects within this discipline, organization, and planning.
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical projects and possesses leadership qualities with analytical skills, disciplined, agile, team oriented.
- Strong oral & written communication skills in English, with a possibility of an additional language.
- Results and proactive solution driven with ability to think critically to overcome hurdles to complete tasks.
- Global experience in plastic moulding machine, moulds, and materials sourcing.
- Degree in Plastics or Mechanical Engineering with 5-10 years’ experience in the plastics moulding and/or plastics engineering field with a high propensity toward technical competency.
- Excellent technical skills including demonstrated technical competent and capable of handling all projects within this discipline, organization, planning & OTIF.
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical projects and possesses leadership qualities with analytical skills, disciplined, agile, team-oriented.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a plastics manufacturing background.
- Experience across a range of different sectors and industries.
- Global project engineering experience.