Manufacturing Engineer –
Your routine will vary as manufacturing engineering projects progress, from concept development to realisation, including:
- Developing new production processes as part of improvement, scale up or design change
- Verification and validation of equipment, processes, and inspection methods
- Compiling and reviewing Design History Records produced by the Manufacturing team
- Ongoing monitoring of critical process performance parameters to ensure compliance and identify opportunities for improvement:
- Analysing data to understand process performance
- Identifying quality issues and carrying out root cause investigation where necessary
- Identifying efficiency improvements
- Implementation of process changes to ensure compliance and continuous improvement
- Carrying out risk management activities such as Health and Safety Risk assessments and Process FMEA including the implementation and communication of mitigation actions
- We are a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We would expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Manufacturing remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
We would expect you to have a relevant degree or experience from a relevant industry at a similar level. Naturally, you will also be a great team player with a strong work ethic and a demonstrable de-termination to produce high quality results. It is expected that you manage your own projects whilst working in an agile team and that you use your own technical knowledge to create industrial solutions.
You will also have strong first-hand experience in the following key areas:
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to guide technicians in root cause investigation and troubleshooting of complex electro-mechanical assemblies
- Working in medical devices industry or similar, with familiarity of quality management systems in medical device, automotive or aerospace industries
- Facilitating the design, development and procurement of medium scale manual assembly process, test systems and semi-automation projects within cross-functional teams
- Process and Equipment verification and validation (e.g. FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Interpreting technical drawings and generation of detailed assembly and test protocols
It would be advantageous if you have experience in some or all of the following:
- Experience working with third party supply chain partners
- German speaking, in particular, using engineering terminology
- Lean, Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis or other relevant improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical assemblies, robotics or assembly and test automation
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK