Supporting the development and transfer of designs to manufacturing:
- Applying DFX to the product design and supply chain processes
- Carrying out risk management activities such as FMEAs or Health and Safety Risk assessments
- Establishing and validating appropriate incoming and in-process inspection and measurement methods
- Designing and validating jigs, fixtures, and electro-mechanical test equipment
- Generating process design documentation, work instructions and specifications.
Monitoring performance ensuring consistent output are achieved:
- Analysing data to determine process capabilities
- Raising non-conformance reports and carrying out root cause analysis on non-conforming processes or components in line with the defined CAPA process
- Instigating and implementing design changes to support ongoing development of products
- Compiling and reviewing information produced by the supply chain and manufacturing teams
- Updating and maintaining best-practice documentation
- CAD – mechanical design experience (SolidWorks preferred)
- Experience with component and assembly drawings, including GD&T and BS 8888
- Practical design and assembly of complex electro-mechanical products, jigs, and tooling
- Structural and tolerance analysis and use of FEA, mathematical analysis and modelling tools
- Application of DFX to electro-mechanical products and components
- Interpretation of technical drawings, electro-mechanical interactions and generation of detailed component, assembly, and test processes and documentation
- Experience working with third party supply chain partners
- Managing small, well-defined projects to budget and timelines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes to influence design choices and ease of manufacture and test
- Desire to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Hands-on experience of mechanical, electronics and software engineering disciplines (such as systems/mechatronics engineering) an advantage
- Working in medical devices industry, particularly ISO13485 and/or FDA CFR21 Part 820 in line with Good Manufacturing Practice an advantage
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK