Maintenance Technician x6
- Foster a workplace culture in all functions within own remit that prioritises the health, safety, environment and well-being of our employees. Rigorously manage non-conformance or contrary behaviours where known.
- Complete reactive repairs and undertake root cause investigations for quality related issues, implementing or advising on corrective action to ensure that failures are non- repeatable and production output levels are maintained.
- Schedule and undertake planned preventative maintenance (PPM), ensuring that all supplies, materials and parts are available, in accordance with guidance notes, developing and evolving the guidance notes with engineering where appropriate, to ensure that equipment is operating at optimum output at all times with minimum unplanned disruption/interruption to the production process.
- Provide systems maintenance knowledge, training and advice to support the manufacturing teams and in the development of work instructions, batch records, equipment logs and other device history documents to ensure that they are up to date and that production processes are compliant, capable and robust.
- Provide assistance with the installation of, debug and validation of process equipment to ensure that it is operational and meets with the production requirements and specification.
- Operate in accordance with Health and safety regulations, departmental procedures, company policies and cGMP reporting any unsafe conditions.
- Identify and propose process and systems improvement opportunities and support changes to
these procedures, where agreed, to ensure continuous improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Complete training and maintain individual records for SOPs, WI’s, SWGs and QA forms ensuring that they are followed within the manufacturing area and are accurate for activities undertaken.
- Responsible for repair and maintenance of moulding, assembly and packaging systems within operational area.
- Ensure all repairs completed are fit for purpose and follow the companies H&S requirements.
- Objectives are provided rather than detailed procedures and will be reviewed monthly.
- Role holder will require minimal direction and needs to apply experience to resolve relatively complex problems.
- Risks and issues are escalated to Lead Maintenance Technician or Maintenance Manager and through the tiered accountability process.
- Escalates product performance and functionality issues to the engineering team.
- Resolves complex mechanical and electrical assembly issues and breakdowns using knowledge of systems at component level
- City & Guilds General Mechanical, Engineering, Electrical Systems, General
- Maintenance Techniques or equivalent.
- Engineering, Mechanical/Electrical trade apprenticeship.
- Working knowledge of statistical control systems and the ability to use drawing manuals and circuit diagrams as appropriate.
- Machine control systems – PLC/ASI/Pneumatics/HMI.
- Experience in vision systems, pneumatics and printer/laser marking systems would be advantageous.
- Moulding machines and ancillary equipment and bespoke automatic assembly
- HNC in Electrical or Mechanical
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK