Responsible for maintaining and constant improvement of all Press /Mould Tools.
To work with own team and interact closely with other department members on all aspects of the job to achieve the companies strategic goals.
Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE)
- Ensure all HSE procedures are followed and achieve department HSE KPI target.
- Ensure risk assessment is available, read and understood for each activity undertaken.
- Ensure all Lost Time, Minor and trivial accidents are reported.
- Promote energy conservation.
- Promote environmental issues and ensure all Procedures are understood and followed.
- Ensure all PPE is identified, always available, correctly used and all associated problems are reported to the TL / Supervisor / Manager.
- Identify and escalate any activity that has the potential to cause harm or damage.
- Ensure contractors are utilised in accordance with procedures.
- Carry out duties for the Team Leader in their absence.
- To carry out repair and maintenance of Press and Mould tools to specified drawing data supplied by customer.
- Achieve departmental and personal goals and objectives (G&O’s).
- Actively participate in departmental QC circles and assist if required in cross-functional QC circle activities.
- Communicate inter-departmentally (Associate–Associate–Supervisor–Manager).
- Understand and promote the “Quality First” philosophy ensuring all current Tool/Die do not affect product quality.
- Recognise and correct abnormal Press/ Mould tool trend and condition and to report to TL/SPV any findings.
- Carry out daily equipment inspections where required, i.e. Forklift, Overhead Crane, specified lifting equipment.
- Complete all breakdown, PM, Modification data on daily basis where required.
- Complete/achieve Periodic Die maintenance on all Press and Mould Tools = 100%.
- Collect data and analyse systematically to resolve problems within area of responsibility (use of breakdown data).
- Liaise with PEN, MFG and maintenance for all tooling or breakdown issues.
- Adhere to department / company targets including delivery achievement on JTD requisitions and breakdown reduction on Press and Mould Tools.
- Exhibit product knowledge and customer expectations.
- Ensure 5s is actively promoted and maintained by all associates.
- Contribute to your own self-development to ensure your knowledge is at an appropriate level.
- Utilise effective communication across all functions.
- Recognised time served apprenticeship to City and Guilds or ONC Level.
- Extensive knowledge of Press (Progression) and Mould (multi-impression) tooling including design and functionality.
- Assembly/Dis-assembly of Press Mould Tools.
- Produce/Finish Press Mould Tools using hand fitting techniques.
- Produce/Repair Tools components by manual machining techniques.
- Have a logical approach to problem solving.
- Read and understand engineering drawings.
- Recognise 1st and 3rd angle methods of projection.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic, Pneumatic and engineering drawings with understanding of geometrical tolerance symbols.
- Basic understanding of relevant HSE legislation – PUWER, LOLER and relevant British Standards.
- Able to support and communicate with other associates within own and other departments.
- Professional or vocational qualification in Maintenance Management (CMI level 3, NVQ 2).
- Experience of automotive manufacturing standards.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate at all levels from fellow associate to MD.
- Experience of Japanese manufacturing culture and techniques.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK