Responsibilities – Maintenance Engineer:
- Attend and repair plant equipment breakdowns in a timely manner ensuring stoppages are recorded on the BARCO system.
- Undertake planned maintenance in accordance with the maintenance plan issued by the Engineering Supervisor/Automation Engineer.
- Assist with the installation and development of new projects were requested by the engineer supervisor.
- Complete the data capture log in the areas so that the detail of the issue/fault is captured in a database.
- Complete all maintenance paperwork & records correctly in a timely manner.
- Complete a shift handover by recording tasks completed or uncompleted in the shift log.
- Carry out a weekly fire alarm check.
- Support the Automation or PPM engineer as and when required.
- Keep the engineering workshop in a good clean 5s tidy state.
- Fire Marshall Duties after the provided training.
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Engineering Supervisor.
- All employees are required to maintain safe working practices by adhering to the Health and Safety policies of the company in place at any given time.
- Report any low stock items in the engineering stores to the Engineering Supervisor/Automation Engineer.
- The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and do not in themselves justify the re-evaluation of the post.
Essential requirements / experience:
- Level 3 (minimum) in Electrical Engineering.
- Substantial experience in the Manufacturing Industry (likely to be 5+ years)
Desirable requirements / experience:
- Mechanical Qualifications
- Hydraulic & Pneumatic Qualifications
- Experience in working in the plastics industry or other FMCG industry.
- Experience working on hydraulic & pneumatic machinery.
- TIG/MIG/Stick welding
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing (GMP/5s)
- IPAF licence
- Lifting & slinging experience.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK