Brief role description:
We are supporting our client who are a successful manufacturer, in their search for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to work a 3-shift pattern (0600-1400 / 1400-2200 / 2200-0600 Mon- Fri)
Key Role Deliverables:
- Liaise with the shift supervisor and site engineer at the start of the shift to determine the production requirements.
- Prioritise work in accordance with production and maintenance needs.
- Communicate clearly with the supervisor/manager should any machine require o be stopped for maintenance or repair and inform them when the machine/equipment is ready to go back into production.
- Respond to any breakdowns on the machinery.
- Optimising the performance within the flexible packaging area against the set targets without compromising health and safety.
- Ensure that the routine daily safety/maintenance checks of the blown film line and associated equipment (detailed on a daily/weekly check sheet) are being completed.
- Continuous improvement within the area.
- Studies existing and alternative production methods, regarding work flow, plant layout, types of machinery and cost.
- Advises management on and ensures effective implementation of new production methods, techniques and equipment
- Order parts required for machinery when necessary.
- Ensure the specified housekeeping standards are maintained within the area.
- Monitoring quality throughout the shift and report to the shift supervisor or manager if the quality is not achievable.
- Immediately inform of any risks, hazards, or unsafe working practices within the blown film line area to the supervisor or engineering manager.
- Ensure items of Personal Protection Equipment and any associated safety equipment supplied is being used in accordance with company practices and procedures.
- Accurately record all engineering maintenance information as requested by management and supervision.
- Setting the blender to the requested/required parameters to achieve the most cost-effective blend without compromising quality.
- Ensure production-monitoring system is utilised (if applicable).
- Continually review the material and masterbatch dosage during the shift to ensure the most cost-effective utilisation, simultaneously achieving the quality standard required.
- Assist in production and reprocessing departments in the factory as requested by management if required (and trained).
- Communicate with the supervisor/manager to ensure engineering staff and operators are provided with an instruction/procedure for any modification to the function of the machinery, equipment or process.
- 16th, 17th or 18th edition qualification (highly desirable)
- Electrical and mechanical maintenance of production machinery
- Respond to breakdowns
- PLC (fault finding) desirable
- Hydraulics / pneumatics maintenance
- Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety
- Communicating effectively (both orally and in written form)
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- Accurate recording of information.
- Working as part of a team.
- Adaptable to change.
“maintenance engineer” or “multi skilled maintenance”, “maintenance technician”, electrical engineer”,
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK