- To drive business performance via completion of technical tasks/activities related to optimising uptime of machines, tools, equipment and services
- To contribute to the identification and development of standardised working practices that optimise health, safety and environmental standards, quality performance, speed (adherence to schedules), cost and people development and performance across all technical areas
- To develop, optimise and record activities to ensure optimum performance can be achieved across all technical areas
- To proactively drive performance through the use of improvement techniques
- To minimise downtime through prompt reactive attendance, resolution and recording of machine, tool, process issues
- Relevant qualification and experience in technical disciplines related to, maintenance, tool room, setting and processing
- Experience working in a dynamic manufacturing/process environment preferably with a background knowledge in injection moulding
- Knowledge of SAMS – operational understanding and sufficient skill/knowledge to train others
- An operational knowledge of iScala computer system and Mattec, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have the ability to operate, read and interpret key measuring equipment (quality jigs and fixtures)
- A technical understanding of the operation of moulding machines.
- Understanding of modern manufacturing techniques
- Ability to fully understand production data, analyse trends and take appropriate corrective action
- Able to set direction and communicate clear departmental/section objectives to the team
- Ability to motivate and mentor colleagues effectively – excellent interpersonal skills are essential
- Demonstrates the ability to make decisions where necessary taking into consideration all relevant and available information
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, able to plan ahead, complete tasks on time and to the required standard
- Task orientated individual, a completer finisher
- Flexible and adaptable, with a positive attitude to change and improvement
- Understands the overall direction of the business and is able to appreciate the relevance and impact of departmental performance
- Must have the ability to remain calm and objective when working under pressure
- Must be able to communicate to all levels in the organisation
- Must have the ability to deal with conflict confidentially in their area of responsibility and expertise
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK