- To lead the logistics team and handle all processes within the warehouse environment efficiently and effectively.
- To provide customers with the right quantity of the correct goods on time and in full. The key to this is ensuring we have accurate stocks and efficient systems.
- To fulfil the company’s promises in providing maximum reliability with minimum fuss to our customers.
- To develop and provide regular reports on Logistics team performance as agreed with the Head of Operations.
- To produce reports and statistics regularly (In/ Out Status reports, dead stock report etc) as requested by the Head of Operations.
- To promote and ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations as set by the Quality Manager.
- To review Logistics Work Instructions, ensuring processes are streamlined and LEAN.
- To seek, evaluate and act upon feedback, continuously enhancing the quality of services provided.
- To analyse, plan and implement future capacity requirements in collaboration with other colleagues/ teams internally.
- To ensure regular maintenance is conducted on the logistics equipment, optimising efficiency and minimising down time.
- To regularly monitor, review and assess individual and team performance through monthly one-to-ones, performance reviews and team meetings, identifying development areas and agreeing on workable and timely solutions.
- To develop, train and mentor team members in addressing development areas and continuously enhancing individual and collective performance
- To lead on the recruitment and selection of additional Logistics team members as and when required.
- To liaise with customers and transport companies as and when required.
- To perform responsibilities within the budget agreed with the Group Financial Controller.
- To ensure the team keeps the warehouse clean and tidy to a standard that optimises efficiency, portraying the company brand through using 5S methodology.
- To provide cover for the Trade Counter as and when required.
- To embrace and communicate to others all relevant warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements.
- To lead on individual projects and support project teams as and when required.
- Develop and continuously improve leadership skills in self and others
- Be an effective team player
- Maintain workplace and dress code protocol
- Maintain vehicle protocol (if applicable)
- Maintain communication
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good attention to detail, acts with honesty and integrity and a good team player, needs to be goal driven and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- This is a strenuous physical role that requires energy and motivation.
- Experience in leading people within a logistics environment, and also preferable to have experience in managing change within a warehouse environment.
- Good computer knowledge is essential, good at reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Full EU / UK driving licence.
- Relevant machinery, forklift licences and man-up machine certificates
- A valid passport will be required
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK