Logistics & Export Co-ordinator
- Accountable for the daily coordination and the cut off for all order consolidations. Ensure timely carrier bookings ensuring all information is accurate so that there are no delays in shipping. Communicate with carriers on all matters through to customer delivery, including tracking queries, investigation of customer complaints, customer queries. Take proactive steps to avoid delays and issues in the day-to-day activities of the team, where required work with the Planning & Logistics supervisor to escalate and resolve critical or time sensitive issues.
- Review and approve all nonstandard export documentation for customer orders, including Certificates of Origin, ATR1, EUR1, Long Term Supplier Declarations, etc. Ensure all shipping invoices contain the relevant Customs declarations.
- Work with Customer Service to validate customer shipping requirements, including requirements of customers in new markets. Proactively interface and resolve issues with the Chamber of Commerce and associated bodies.
- Ensure all files contain copies of all regulatory paperwork. Work with EDC to ensure files are stored in an easily accessible manner in readiness for internal/external audits. Maintain correct records and filing for pre-authenticated movement certificates in accordance with HMRC regulations.
- Work with the Planning & Logistics Supervisor, Supply Chain Manager and Procurement Manager to select and develop supplier sources taking into account monthly spend, performance (including issues) and development plans. Co-ordinate and validate the monthly spend and performance data for current suppliers taking action and making improvements where possible. Be aware of the global and regional performance of key suppliers and ensure this is reflected in scorecard actions and updates.
- Manage the authorization process for premium freight requests with CS Team Leader and Supply Chain Manager. Publish weekly premium freight report.
- Any other reasonable request from the Planning & Logistics Supervisor or Supply Chain leadership team
- 2/3 years’ experience of export documentation, including Certificates of Origin, ATR1, EUR1, Bills of Lading, Airwaybills, etc and HMRC requirements and a working knowledge of the UK Customs tariff (preferred). Candidates currently without these qualification and experiences but with ability to achieve them via training will be considered.
- 2/3 years’ experience of the company product and processes, preferably in departments linked to this role. An aptitude for on the job learning and personal development would be beneficial (preferred)
- Computer literate – Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc (required)
- Clear and concise communication skills, both written and verbal, together with a high degree of accuracy and numeracy (required)
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload while dealing with multiple tasks efficiently (required)
- Decision making capabilities with the ability to challenge (required)
- Previous knowledge of SAP (preferred)
- Membership of CILT / CIPS or equivalent body or have the ambition to become a member through personal development. Training and development will be given to suitable candidates in all aspects of the role (preferred). Willing to undertake certification with the Chamber of Commerce is a mandatory requirement.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK