6-8 years post qualification experience (Home-based with some office visits (London) / Contract – £350-£380 per day / Inside IR35)
2-4 years post qualification experience (Home-based with some office visits (London) / Contract – £230-£250 per day / Inside IR35)
Principal Accountabilities – Legal Counsel:
- To provide a timely, preventive and commercially relevant legal advice to the business unit or CSF on contractual, transactional, statutory and regulatory issues.
- To work closely with Business Partners within the relevant areas of the business to understand their objectives and business drivers and to identify current and future legal requirements.
- To lead on and support company initiatives, projects and transactions including mergers, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, collaborations (in particular R&D activities), corporate restructuring, financing, company formation and dissolution.
- To provide high quality, effective and efficient legal advice on company law, corporate governance, and legal compliance activities, including working with the Company Secretarial team to ensure compliance with company law and company secretarial practices.
- To prepare and review Board and committee papers, presentations, boardpacks and meeting minutes.
- To prepare and recommend documents, contracts and resolutions for signature where appropriate.
- To support the Head of Legal in actively developing and managing relationships with board members, shareholders, affiliates and internal and external stakeholders.
- To lead on reviewing and negotiating a range of commercial contracts and providing practical and commercially focussed legal advice and identifying and where practical mitigating key risks for the purchase of good and services across the supply chain for the Corporate and Customers areas.
- To review, draft and participate in the negotiation of contracts, leading the negotiation process were appropriate, and to prepare suitable risk assessments, board papers, and other documents to assist management in its decision making.
- To develop and deliver training courses appropriate for the business and for other solicitor as required, including the creation and maintenance of precedents.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience in dealing with energy industry matters is preferred including, experience with energy supply contracts (and related queries), power purchase agreements and advising on energy industry regulation
- Good level of competence and experience in dealing with negotiating commercial contracts (including goods and services, software licences, partnerships and collaborations); advising on a range of commercial issues including data protection, IP and IT; litigation and dispute resolution; various corporate transactions (including mergers, acquisitions, disposals, restructurings and financing arrangements); advising on company law; joint ventures, shareholder engagement; advising boards and senior stakeholders; construction projects
- Experience of delivering a pro-active business focused service that anticipates risks and prevents problems.
- Experience working with joint venture arrangements and other project vehicles, with a good understanding of relevant project/corporate arrangements (such as shareholder agreements).
- Demonstrates well rounded legal knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrates commercial awareness.
- Able to effectively communicate legal concepts to a range of audiences both verbally and in writing.
- Able to establish credibility within the business unit, and effectively manage a range of stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and work on several projects concurrently.
- Flexible approach with a willingness to develop knowledge and skills in different areas of law and provide support to other teams, as required.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK