Job Start Date: ASAP
Commutable From: Droitwich, Worcester, Malvern, Kidderminster, Evesham, Redditch
Benefits: To be discussed at interview
We have been tasked by our client, in supporting them with their search for a Lead Moulding Technician, who will have a strong background in process optimisation & troubleshooting. The successful candidate will also be very experienced in carrying out Tool trials and be comfortable in leading a team.
Relevant Job Titles:
Senior Process Technician, Process Technician, Setter Supervisor, Moulding Engineer, Process Engineer, Senior Moulding Technician
- To LEAD the injection moulding section in terms of becoming a World Class Injection Moulding Facility, through Modern manufacturing techniques and to be at the cutting edge of industry. To facilitate tool buy off process, Tool optimisation & Tool Trials
- Support the team to Maintain and improve the acceptable level of production, quality in accordance to Standard Work
- To facilitate continuous improvement efforts by taking a positive lead position in the Injection moulding. Use techniques and methodologies such as 5S, TPM, Kanban pull systems, SMED, Six Sigma Quality, Poka-yoke OEE, Process SPC, Tool Optimisation & effective Tool Trials etc.
- Energises the workforce to actively participate in continuous improvement, Problem Solving & Waste reduction. Develop and act upon plans to facilitate process improvement, achieve and exceed run at rates & tool optimisation. To have fully optimised tools with a maximum weight variation on cavities of less than 0.2 grams
- Work with the Production Supervisors IM Process Engineer and the Engineering team to obtain best case from Tools & Equipment and to support new products also to investigate and implement improvements for existing products.
- Work with the IM team to assist with training and development
- Ensure that all activities are high value added and that timelines are established and that employees have the tools/training to produce results. To LEAD and participate in problem solving activities to identify root causes and to recommend sound corrective actions both practically and financially.
- To Drive OEE throughout the Injection Moulding Area and achieve a world class status in excess of 85% on all machines.
- To effectively monitor the implemented SPC process parameters to achieve high capable processes & tools.
- Develop the team to effectively achieve SMED activity consistently of < 15 Minutes on all tool changes
- Develop a culture that Standardised work is embraced and adhered to rigorously and react to the audit results.
Experience / Skills:
- IMT Level 4
- Proven track record of implementing Change.
- Team leading ability and able to present reports both verbally and using powerpoint presentations.5 years’ experience in Injection Moulding
- Knowledge of ISO14000, TS16949, OEE, SPC Kanban, SMED
If you would like to apply for the role, simply click the ‘apply now’ button to upload your CV and contact information or contact the assigned consultant for this job vacancy.
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
“Willcox Matthews Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Willcox Matthews Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.