Relevant Job Titles
Senior Process Technician, Process Technician, Setter Supervisor, Moulding Engineer, Process Engineer, Senior Moulding Technician
- To LEAD the injection moulding section in terms of becoming a World Class Injection Moulding Facility, through Modern manufacturing techniques and to be at the cutting edge of industry. To facilitate tool, buy off process, Tool optimisation & Tool Trials
- Support the team to Maintain and improve the acceptable level of production, quality in accordance with Standard Work
- To facilitate continuous improvement efforts by taking a positive lead position in the Injection moulding. Use techniques and methodologies such as 5S, TPM, Kanban pull systems, SMED, Six Sigma Quality, Poka-yoke OEE, Process SPC, Tool Optimisation & effective Tool Trials etc.
- Energises the workforce to actively participate in continuous improvement, Problem Solving & Waste reduction. Develop and act upon plans to facilitate process improvement, achieve and exceed run at rates & tool optimisation. To have fully optimised tools with a maximum weight variation on cavities of less than 0.2 grams
- Work with the Production Supervisors IM Process Engineer and the Engineering team to obtain best case from Tools & Equipment and to support new products also to investigate and implement improvements for existing products.
- Work with the IM team to assist with training and development
- Ensure that all activities are high value added and that timelines are established and that employees have the tools/training to produce results. To LEAD and participate in problem solving activities to identify root causes and to recommend sound corrective actions both practically and financially.
- To Drive OEE throughout the Injection Moulding Area and achieve a world class status more than 85% on all machines.
- To effectively monitor the implemented SPC process parameters to achieve high capable processes & tools.
- Develop the team to effectively achieve SMED activity consistently of < 15 Minutes on all tool changes
- Develop a culture that Standardised work is embraced and adhered to rigorously and react to the audit results.
Experience / Skills:
- IMT Level 3 desirable
- Proven track record of implementing Change.
- Team leading ability and able to present reports both verbally and using PowerPoint presentations.
- 5 years’ experience in Injection Moulding
- Knowledge of ISO14000, IATF16949, OEE, SPC Kanban, SMED