Key Account Manager
Home Based / Remote
- Analysis of markets, product extensions, customer needs and competitors to enable successful market development and maintain communications with the relevant Divisional Business Head.
- Develop and lead strategy to grow the plastics/ QMC business including “preferred supplier” status.
- Provide lead development and technical expertise to the geographic sales team for non-key account opportunities.
- Provide both internal and external Sales Teams with product support and training.
- Set annual sales budgets for the Plastics/QMC Business. Monitor, control and report business performance against revenue targets.
- Effectively drive specific marketing and communications activity to promote the company within the market, as well as representing the Business at trade fairs and networking events.
- Responsible for managing key accounts within the allocated business vertical ensuring that customer relationships are maintained and developed.
- Working with and supporting the production units throughout the life cycle of customer projects, ensuring that customers are given regular progress updates.
- Develop customer specific concepts taking into account an extensive portfolio around the injection moulding machine.
- Minimum requirement of HNC in an engineering discipline or relevant experience.
- Preferable experience as a process mechanic for plastics and rubber technology, mould makers or any comparable industry-specific knowledge acquired in another way.
- Professional experience with injection moulding or die casting processes.
- Minimum of 5 years external Sales experience within an engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Experience of selling solutions to the end user and OEM sectors ideally from an ‘added value’ approach by identifying problems and offering either standard or specifically designed solutions.
- Strong customer focus; an ability to develop new customers and to grow existing accounts.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills (English) both verbal and written.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and CRM systems.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK