Graduate Mechanical Engineer
- The Junior engineer is not expected to have relevant qualifications but will be expected to be technically minded and have a genuine interest in progressing into a career in engineering.
- The role will evolve to include involvement in all aspects of the business, including liaising with customers, developing processes and quality standards, designing jigs and fixtures, creating BOM, specifying materials, and ensuring paper trails are complete.
- Has experience of working in an admin-based role within manufacturing/quality.
- Is self-motivated and has the ability to work as a team and also unassisted as required.
- Is manufacturing process-driven.
- Has a ‘can do’ attitude with excellent attention to detail.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work with people at all levels.
- Is analytical and naturally inquisitive.
- Is creative, flexible in thinking and can generate ideas.
- Wants to learn new skills, be challenged and is looking for personal development and progression.
- Is proficient in the use of Office 365.
- Is proficient in the interpretation of engineering drawings.
- Willing to learn and be ambitious to work towards an engineering position.
- Full UK driving licence
Would be beneficial:
- Has a basic knowledge of injection molding, tools, materials, and machines.
- Is familiar with using measuring equipment such as verniers, micrometres, gauges, etc.
- Is familiar with using Solidworks, or alternative 3D CAD packages.
- Is familiar with quality standards and processes – ISO9001.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK