CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday 26th April @ 5pm – Integration Developer
(Home-based with some office visits (Gloucester) / Contract – £400-£420 per day / Inside IR35) – remote working during COVID-19 restrictions, 2-3 days onsite in Gloucester office once restrictions are lifted.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Your skills and experience will encompass: Middleware platforms.
- The client has selected the NextAxiom hyperServices product as their preferred enterprise integration tool, and experience of competitor technologies – such as MuleSoft AnyPoint, Boomi, Apache CxFm and in particular Software AG webMethods – would stand you in good stead. Distributed systems.
- The client applications landscape is extensive and comprises a mix of legacy enterprise applications and bespoke components, implemented using a wide range of technologies, and deployed in a hybrid cloud / on-premises configuration.
- You will have experience of implementing real-time integrations in comparable corporate environments.
- Design and delivery patterns. Ideally you will understand a range of integration patterns such as web services and event-driven architectures, and a variety of API implementation schemes such as SOAP and REST.
- You will bring this knowledge to bear in developing options most suited to varying integration scenarios. Communication and persuasiveness.
- You will be an excellent communicator, able to articulate design options and their trade-offs; and comfortable in challenging and exploring alternative perspectives.
- Knowledge and solution orientation. You will be keen to acquire business knowledge and able to use common business language to effectively communicate technical requirements to a variety of stakeholders.
- You will be logical and methodical and be solutions-oriented with tenacity and drive.
- Foster good working relationships with a variety of stakeholders. In particular you will take a central role in designing and developing integration solutions that support the strategic vision of the Solution Architecture team; whilst also providing effective technical support to Application Development teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of the organisation’s application integration requirements, identifying gaps in the information architecture and related implementation artefacts, and evolving the roadmap for future integration solutions.
- Support key projects and programmes, identifying opportunities where contemporary integration techniques can add value, and defining the supporting patterns and practices required for effective delivery.
- Take end-to-end ownership of integration components from conception and requirements analysis, through development cycles and into production. Additionally, you will look for opportunities to increase the scope of the ICC over time, looking to incorporate aspects of data integration and business process and workflow automation at appropriate junctures.
- Strive to enhance the efficiency and productivity of the Information Systems function by driving the adoption of agile methods of working and associated engineering (DevOps) practices.
- Ensure the appropriate quality controls are in place for all integration activities and such that the availability, consistency and integrity requirements for data are met, and where appropriate, exceeded.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK