Toolmaker – Role Description:
- Build, repair and maintain tooling
- Work to fine tolerances
- Prove tooling and troubleshoot until running acceptably – target to enable the tools to run “right first-time” in a production environment
- Able to understand technical drawings
- Liaise with operational staff to understand tooling related issues
- Maintenance of machinery on site
- General tool making tasks
- To be flexible in a “breakdown” scenario
Experience the successful candidate needs:
- Time served toolmaker. Electrical experience is an advantage but not a necessity
- Experienced in the operation of toolmaking equipment, e.g. grinders, lathes, machining
- CNC Machining centre experience an advantage
- A base understanding on pneumatics and hydraulics
- Ability to understand technical drawings
- Computer literate
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK