Senior Process Technician, Process Technician, Setter Supervisor, Moulding Engineer, Process Engineer, Senior Moulding Technician, Mould Tech, Setter
This is an important role in supporting the Engineering and Production functions of a well-established Injection Moulding Company. The candidate will have the skills, knowledge, and experience to work on their own initiative and support the Production Operators in maintaining Production output during Shift Working through the provision of Technical Support. The company has key values of Relationship, Quality, Pride and Flexibility and the person fulfilling this role will be expected to live to these values and exhibit appropriate behaviours to support the Engineering and Production functions.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To undertake production changes, tool changes, troubleshooting and process optimisation. Ensuring that machines in your area of responsibility are operated to an acceptable standard and within the set target and costed cycle time.
- This includes delivering the agreed manufacturing targets through clear communication of works/master order expectations, co-ordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures in line with agreements, policies and business derivatives. Ensuring we operate within a safe, clean, organised and efficient manner at all times.
- Ensuring that all work orders are met, and the production plan is achieved; taking ownership and accountability for cycle efficiency; cycle time conformance; scrap targets; material usage; changeovers; and downtime.
- Without compromising safety, carry out manufacturing changes (tool changes, type changes, colour changes, paperwork changes etc) as shown on the master production schedule in the set timescale given of 3 hours per production change.
- Provide the Engineering team with resource relating to New Product Introduction including running production machines and identifying and setting production specifications for ongoing production.
- Ensure your work areas are left in a safe, neat and tidy order with no consumables left in and around your work area or machinery.
- To collect and return all raw materials to designated collection/return locations, ensuring they are correctly sealed and labelled.
- To support the generation of SOP work instructions and always adhere to these. If any changes need be made, it’s an element of your responsibility to actively report these and support, the sustainment of along with the up to date process.
- To return moulding tools to the correct storage location directly after use and ensure that machines are left in a tidy state, clear of tools and equipment.
- Undertake daily PPM cleaning exercises / programs on all machines, making sure that the work area is always in a neat tidy and acceptable standard.
- Ensure that spares and consumables for mouldings and machines are stored within a neat, organised state and that stock quantities are always maintained.
- Support the delivery of targets set out by the business QIP. A large majority of these targets you will have a direct / indirect influence on achieving and it’s important that you align your role and responsibility to support the delivery of targets set.
- Recommend to the Technical Manager and implement process changes to improve production output and quality.
- Using various techniques, support and drive through continuous improvements, delivering improvements in overall performance, improved practices and robust procedures to sustainable levels.
Support various business initiatives to improve cultural development programs