Injection Moulding Technician:
Relevant Job Titles:
Injection Moulding Setter, Injection Moulding Technician, Senior Setter, Process Technician
Purpose of role:
- To contribute to the commercial aims of the business through efficient tool changing of our injection moulding machines and downstream ancillary equipment.
- To be proactive in continuous improvement activities.
- To ensure all production processes and quality criteria meet and run within costed cycles.
- Working a double day shift pattern 0600-1400 & 1400-2200 alternating shifts.
- Ensuring all existing jobs run using best practice to achieve optimum conditions and achieve commercial margins.
- By using your technical expertise to ensure best practice is maintained consistently.
- Identify and action any internal training requirements to aid your role within the business.
- Identify route cause of problems and highlight to the relevant manager and / or apply the right corrective actions.
- Identify and apply continuous improvement opportunities of the production processes to reduce dependence on labour and improvements to product yields.
- Ensure all process data, work instructions and visual aids are maintained and present when tool is in production.
- Working within the companies H&S, QMS and environmental procedures; undertaking actions associated with this when required.
Required Technical Skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience. Preferably with accredited training certification.
- Able to demonstrate competencies in tool changing, troubleshooting, fault finding and process optimisation. Able to efficiently set all aspects of approved production mould tools utilising approved setting conditions and production work instructions.
- Be familiar with modern Demag, Krauss and Arburg machine control systems.
- To be familiar with processing a wide range of commodity, and engineering polymers.
- To be proactive in continuous improvements relative to your job role.