Injection Moulding Technician
The job holder agrees to take over other reasonable tasks which correspond to his / her abilities, as instructed by the supervisor, provided that the interests of the job holder are duly taken into account.
- Planning and implementation of any single modification when changing jobs
- Approval of the production start-up after quality inspection criteria has been met
- Control of process parameters in accordance with approved settings
- Safe and efficient Removal and installation of injection mould tooling and accompanying automation Checking and issuing hygienic approval after tool change
- Completion of all associated paperwork in accordance with department procedures
- Checking the operator’s self-tests
- Implementation of the prescribed quality checks according to the test plan
- Final quality inspection
- Setup, monitoring and automation systems including automated vision inspection systems Installation and testing of the optical inspection system
- Evaluation and optimization of the camera-based test methods
- Parameterisation and control of handling systems
- Fault finding of automation systems
- Take over necessary tasks to ensure the production processes
- Transfer to maintenance with supporting communication and where possible root cause for failure mode
- Support of maintenance
- Conduct basic equipment maintenance duties for tooling, injection moulding machines and automations systems
- Ensure correct raw material are used at all time to BOM instructions
- Ensure sufficient stock levels for raw materials are maintained to meet production plan
- Prepare raw materials for use by following shift e.g. colour changes and tool changes
- Order release on the operator terminal
- Enter and maintain the produced production orders
- Entry and approval according to the ERP process
- Performing process optimisations and update documentation to reflect any changes
- Control and observance of cycle times variance and reject numbers
- Support Department Manager and act as Team Leader, such tasks as; Return to Work meeting, Absence Management, Performance discussions
- Industry recognised completed training as a process Technician tool setter Plastic / rubber mouldings (PTA BPTA RJG) or comparable technical training
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience professional experience in the relevant production environment
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK