- The role of Injection Moulding Technician is to effectively and safely carry out tool changes in the injection moulding areas of the business.
- To ensure injection moulding processes can achieve targeted scrap and efficiency levels, on new and existing products.
- Ensuring that key performance indicators on tool changing are achieved.
- Ensure that all required procedures in line with IATF16949 requirements are strictly followed.
- Incorporate lessons learnt and ensure this becomes part of business methodology.
- As an Injection Moulding Technician, you will be required to drive continuous improvements within the company ensuring product quality is maintained with all customers.
- To effectively and safely carry out tool changes in the injection moulding areas of the business.
- To be able to work well within the technical injection moulding setting, processing & optimisation team.
- To carry out tool and material trials
- Basic machine maintenance and trouble shooting
- To ensure injection moulding processes can achieve targeted scarp and efficiency levels, on new and existing products.
- To drive continuous improvements ensuring product quality is maintained & good working practices are adhered to.
- To liaise with all members of the department to ensure operations run smoothly.
- To ensure Health & Safety rules are maintained with your own work area and demonstrate a duty of care to colleagues, visitors, contractors, or anyone else on site.
- First tier automotive experience within an injection moulding business
- Experience of procedure adherence and completion of documentation
- IMT Level 1 and 2 and 3 Qualifications
- TS16949 experience/knowledge
- Understanding of TQM philosophies
- NVQ 2 injection moulding
- Specific experience on Engel and Krauss Maffei machines
- IMT Level 3 qualification
- Conversant with Robots Wittman, ATM, Krauss integrated
- Experience of Kaizen type activities would be beneficial.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK