- The main purpose of this role is to ensure that all resources and processes within the production areas of Injection Moulding and when required Extrusion are effectively controlled to ensure that safety and production requirements including quality and output are met in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Ensure that production plans are met on time and in full at the required cost and quality levels.
- Ensure that the production team follow agreed safe methods of working at all times and that near misses or Big Six hazards are reported in order to prevent potential accidents.
- Ensure that briefings for Safe Use Sheets, Safe Systems of work and Toolbox Talks are communicated.
- Ensure that Production Technicians complete product / tool changeovers in a safe manner within the expected changeover time in order to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Ensure that standard production outputs are met or exceeded by the team.
- Actively participate in or chair the Daily Production Meeting and ensure that effective shift handovers are completed at the beginning and end of each shift worked.
- Ensure that high levels of housekeeping are maintained within the factory areas, including the cleaning of machines, removal of unwanted materials and correct disposal of waste. Manage this will regular ‘Gemba’ walks.
- Lead and participate in improvement activities such as SMED, Kaizen Teams (continuous improvement) and 6S.
- Ensure that all relevant production data is being captured and entered onto appropriate systems (e.g. scrap, production outputs, tooling problems, downtime, material reconciliation, quality, overweight, etc)
- Actively seek to improve the skill and knowledge of personnel within the production team through the organisation of training, briefings and competence checks.
- Support and participate in all factory based improvement projects and new processes.
- Handling of personnel issues relating to attendance, inductions, team conflicts, work groups, appraisals and overtime management.
- Understand Selection of job/tool/product from planning board taking account of priorities
- Selection of machine for removal of outgoing tool and insertion of new tool
- Knowledge of process to ensure when machine is put into operation the operator informed of production so that consumables can be sourced
- Holding team meetings to discuss performance and improvements etc.
- Disciplinary procedures.
- Document all relevant data on quality database, Mattec, or IFS
- Conduct ongoing quality checks for visual, dimensional and stress testing
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental standards for self and others
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK