Key roles and responsibilities:
- To deputise to the shift technician when they are absent from the business
- To prepare raw materials, mould mount applicable tools and set up processing equipment as efficiently as possible in order to deliver maximum overall equipment efficiency. To set and keep running production from moulding machines throughout shift.
- Competent in the setup of machine robot systems
- Completion of tool changes and start up procedures in line with tool change procedural documentation, setting machine parameters to the setting sheet, with sign off including the promotion of housekeeping standards. Submitting a first off as per the first off procedure, and related documentation, ensuring a ‘right first time’ attitude; including restarts.
- Ensuring the Trainee Setter duties are supported and developed.
- Working with the Quality Department to carry out corrective actions timely and efficiently to maintain conformity and optimisation.
- Maintain and adhere to safe practices of work in the interests of Health and Safety at work.
- Ensuring that Operators are fully utilised at all times, issuing rework or basic assembly jobs to fill cycle times as necessary to maximise efficiency.
- Actively seek to minimise scrap through process improvements, problem solving and quick response to alarm outs. Ensure that all scrap is recorded on Mattec.
- Undertake the role of Emergency Team, as described in the Fire Evacuation Policy, should the fire alarm be activated.
- To participate in improvement projects and innovations for the betterment of the business.
- Support tool trialling where required and directed by the Shift Technician of Technical Manager
- Work with the Quality Technician and Production Supervisor to appraise the ability of Operators, and support in the resource allocation where required, including managing break times.
- Any other reasonable management request.
Skills and Experience:
- Able to work on rotating shifts, including undertaking night work.
- Experienced Injection Moulding Technician with PTIC IMT2 or equivalent qualification
- Competent reach truck driver
- Basic supervisory experience.
- An understanding of working to ISO 9001 and 13485, and the AKI Quality Manual.
- Experience of ERP systems
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety in Injection Moulding processing.
- Demonstrable experience of routine maintenance to injection moulding machines to maintain production e.g. changing heater bands and replacing micro-switches
- A good working knowledge of Mattec and WinMan or equivalent business systems
- An excellent working understanding of ISO 9001 and 13485
- Experience of robot programming / editing would be an advantage, including 6-axis
- At least an HNC/D in an Engineering subject, such as Mechanical Engineer or Polymer Processing
- Experience of problem solving complex technical processing issues and finding resolutions.
- Experience of undertaking new product trials and submitting data reports as required.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK