Key roles and responsibilities:
Tool and Machine Setting:
- Carry out tool changes and set machine process using best practice and in accordance with health and safety procedures.
- Conduct trials of new tools to achieve optimum performance
- Train operators to perform start up, shut down and problem analysis procedures
Manage Production Efficiencies:
- Provide hands on process support
- Ensure efficient tool changes
- Minimise machine downtime
- Optimise setting conditions
- Minimise scrap and other material wastage
- Ensure all production recording documents are completed as necessary
- Obtain first and last off approval samples
- Maintain quality throughout production run
- Liaise with Manager and operators to identify and categories production deficiencies
Machine and Tool Maintenance:
- Responsible for care and low-level maintenance of both machines and tools (to agreed limits)
- Liaise with appropriate support staff to arrange advanced levels of maintenance and repairs
Control of Documents:
- Create and control master setting sheets
- Control and display of production and quality instructions
Health & Safety Procedures:
- Ensure all procedures are followed and maintained
- Report any incidents or concerns
- Previous experience within an injection moulding environment
- The ability to read technical drawings and use measuring devices.
- An ability to work in a pressurised environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- Excellent understanding of health & safety requirements.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK