Injection Moulding Setter
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Adhere to Health & Safety throughout the plant and ensure and take ownership of your own actions that relate to operational safety within the department.
- Setting of all injection moulding machines. Loading mould tools, setting injection parameters, material handling, and troubleshooting.
- Ensuring all paperwork correct to the Production order
- Checking the quality and output from moulding machines, ensuring machine are run to the optimized speeds to the expected output.
- Be involved and assist management in Incident Investigations, follow up on actions, look for route cause (five whys) analysis – ensuring that all processes are safe.
- Take part in the Daily Stand-Up Meetings (DSUM) ensuring all metrics are relevant and have targets that ensure problem solving, machine utilisation, RFT, Changeover reduction, output, OTIF and near miss reporting.
- Liaise with other shifts to ensure a smooth and effective changeover.
- Assist with new product introductions, processes, and improvements projects.
- You must have experience setting and operating injection moulding machinery
- You must have experience programming injection moulding parameters
- You have prior experience working within a fast paced, high volume production environment.
- You have the drive and determination to acquire new skills and learn new processes
Qualifications and Skills
- Polymer Injection moulding experience is essential
- PTIC level 2 or 3 qualification would be an advantage but not essential
- Technical understanding of injection moulding ancillary equipment is preferred
- Knowledge of HSE processes and standards.
- Extensive manufacturing experience.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing, SMED and 5s.
- Knowledge of SAP and scheduling systems.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK