Key roles and responsibilities of the Injection Moulding Setters:
Tool and Machine Setting:
- Carry out tool changes and set injection moulding machine process using best practice and in accordance with health and safety procedures.
- Conduct trials of new tools to achieve optimum performance
- Train operators to perform start up, shut down and problem analysis procedures
Manage Production Efficiencies:
- Provide hands on process support
- Ensure efficient tool changes
- Minimise machine downtime
- Optimise setting conditions
- Minimise scrap and other material wastage
- Ensure all production recording documents are completed as necessary
- Obtain first and last off approval samples
- Maintain quality throughout production run
- Liaise with Manager and operators to identify and categories production deficiencies
Machine and Tool Maintenance:
- Responsible for care and low-level maintenance of both machines and tools (to agreed limits)
- Liaise with appropriate support staff to arrange advanced levels of maintenance and repairs
- Create and control master setting sheets
- Control and display of production and quality instructions
- Previous experience within an injection moulding environment
- The ability to read technical drawings and use measuring devices.
- An ability to work in a pressurised environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- Excellent understanding of health & safety requirements.