Injection Moulding Setter
- To deputise to the shift technician when they are absent from the business
- To prepare raw materials, mould mount applicable tools and set up processing equipment as efficiently as possible in order to deliver maximum overall equipment efficiency.
- To set and keep running production from moulding machines throughout shift.
- Competent in the setup of machine robot systems
- Completion of tool changes and start up procedures in line with tool change procedural documentation, setting machine parameters to the setting sheet, with sign off including the promotion of housekeeping standards.
- Submitting a first off as per the first off procedure, and related documentation, ensuring a ‘right first time’ attitude; including restarts.
- Working with the Quality Department to carry out corrective actions timely and efficiently to maintain conformity and optimisation.
- Maintain and adhere to safe practices of work in the interests of Health and Safety at work.
- Ensuring that Operators are fully utilised at all times, issuing rework or basic assembly jobs to fill cycle times as necessary to maximise efficiency.
- Actively seek to minimise scrap through process improvements, problem solving and quick response to alarm outs. Ensure that all scrap is recorded on Mattec.
- Undertake the role of Emergency Team, as described in the Fire Evacuation Policy, should the fire alarm be activated.
- To participate in improvement projects and innovations for the betterment of the business.
- Support tool trialling where required and directed by the Shift Technician of Technical Manager
- Experienced Injection Moulding Technician with PTIC IMT2 or equivalent qualification
- Experience of ERP systems
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK