Job Start Date: ASAP
Commutable From: Birmingham, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Halesowen, Dudley, Solihull
Benefits: To be discussed at interview
We are working with our client, who are a large manufacturer of automotive products, in their search for an Injection Moulding Setter working a permanent night shift. (Monday to Friday / 2200-0600)
Relevant Job Titles:
Moulding Setter, Moulding Technician, Process Technician, Process Setter
The Setter’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the shift with operating the injection moulding machines, ancillaries and automated assembly machines
- Ensure machinery is safe, checked in accordance with maintenance logs and repaired either permanently or temporarily in conjunction with the Maintenance Department
- Conduct daily safety checks.
- Assess breakdowns and escalate issues when necessary.
- Ensure processes are always running to the correct setting sheet and escalate as appropriate if found outside of these conditions.
- Carry out in a safe and efficient manner, process setting activities which include mould changes, mould setting, colour and material changes.
- Assist in conducting trials when required.
- Liaise with the Toolroom regarding tooling related issues before taking action.
- Assist with standardised work and breakdown analysis.
- Work with Production Supervisor in reducing downtime on equipment.
- A good working knowledge manufacturing processes and controls
- Experience of setting and operating injection moulding machines
- Must be able to work effectively, communicate with others and be willing to work as a part of a team
- Plastics raw material knowledge (handling, processing etc.)
If you would like to apply for the role, simply click the ‘apply now’ button to upload your CV and contact information or contact the assigned consultant for this job vacancy.
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
“Willcox Matthews Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Willcox Matthews Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.