Injection Moulding Setter / Technician
- Start up and shut down injection mould machines, as per procedures following all instructions on setting sheets including water connection diagrams. Checking process packs for any discrepancies or inaccuracies wherever possible.
- Prepare for tool changes prior to current order completion.
- Complete last off checks, initial and place blue ticket and moulding with tool. Place tools in correct location on rack and inform Shift Manager so that changes can be made to the tooling database, if necessary.
- Raise first off paperwork and give to Quality Engineer. Ensure that all equipment is set up, the full cell is ready to run, and parts are running to standard.
- Record starts up scrap on scrap sheet.
- Record changes to settings as necessary with justifications for change, as per QCP-006 and submit to Shift Manager for passing on to Process Engineer.
- Trial new tools to the correct procedure, making sure trial paperwork is present ready for QA or QE.
- Discuss any tooling issues with Shift Manager in order to raise tool reports if a tool breaks or ideas of how to improve for next production run.
- Cover for any other roles, when necessary.
- Set up robots.
- Top up oil in machines, when required. Change Heater bands and thermocouples, when required.
- Good Housekeeping (5S) – Ensure machines are kept tidy; do not leave tools on machine beds, remove purgings; put SMED items back on stands; etc. Also, whenever possible use the final 30 minutes of the shift to assist general 5S, in terms of cleaning
- Optimise machine Cycle times. Ensure parts are running to cycle, and report to the shift manager if the cycle time is not running to costed cycle.
- Write down batch number and drier number on patrol inspections, if needed.
- Handover meeting at the end of the shift to the next shift Setter.
- Participate in and actively promote the company’s CIP (continuous improvement program) looking for ways to continually improve the way we work and to reduce waste.
- Any other reasonable request from a senior member of staff.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK