Injection Moulding Process Technician – Responsibilities:
- As a member of the on-site Operations team to effectively contribute to the success of the company
- Under the direction of the Production Supervisor, and in close partnership with all other operational disciplines (Shift Supervisor, Quality Supervisor, Machine Operator, Engineering Manager etc.), on a shift-by-shift basis, to ensure that production targets are met in compliance with both immediate and forecast customer demands, and activities are carried out in the most effective manner.
- To maintain control, set and optimise the injection moulding process (es) and to provide support to the execution of the production schedule (component changes, setups, start-ups, cleaning, engineering specifications etc.)
- Responsible for directing and monitoring the execution of the production schedule, performing tasks including (but not limited to) mould and/or material changes as dictated by the schedule, process set-up, process troubleshooting, and other necessary functions to ensure component part conformity to specification and all data relevant to process or machine downtime is captured and recorded correctly
- To effectively utilise all available resources (personnel, plant, etc.), which may involve other operational and quality department personnel, in order to fulfil the above.
- Where appropriate, to contribute and provide pertinent information
- QMS and ensure that all activities carried out within the remit of ‘Process Technician’ are at all times in compliance the companies QMS.
- In exceptional circumstances, and when required, to contribute effectively to ‘non-base business activities’ such as process validation, new product introduction, special projects etc. where such activities fall within the role of ‘Process Technician’.
- To comply with all aspects of good manufacturing practices whilst carry out work duties.
- To contribute to the company’s continuous improvement initiatives and, where appropriate, identify and report areas of potential improvement to the Operations & Quality Manager for consideration.
- To comply with Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures.
- To carry out any other agreed duties which reasonably fall within the remit of ‘Process Technician’.
- The technician is required to be a BPTA or similar trained Injection mould setter with familiarisation of GMP
- Be conversant with a wide range of raw materials from Polycarbonate, ABS to Polypropylene etc
- Have good knowledge of processing and moulding analytical tools.
- The candidate should be familiar with Medical IQ/OQ/PQ validations
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to problem solving and an exceptional knowledge of the injection moulding process
- Robotic programming would be an advantage, Staubli, Yushin & Sepro
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK