Injection Mould Toolmaker:
We are supporting our client in their search for an Injection Mould Toolmaker, responsible for the maintenance, service and repair of injection mould tools.
Relevant Job Titles:
Toolmaker, Tooling Technician, Mechanical Fitter, Tooling Engineer,
Accountable to the production manager, the Injection Mould Toolmaker will be responsible for maintaining, repairing and manufacturing new plastic injection mould tools and press tools to a very high standard. This involves all aspects of toolmaking from design interpretation to final mould sampling and includes the following:
- Accurately reading and interpreting technical engineering drawings
- Operate all Standard Toolroom machinery including milling, drilling, lathe and spark erosion machines
- Setting up and running CNC vertical milling, lathe and wire eroding machines
- Final grinding and polishing of each tool after hardening plus the final assembly of complete moulds
- Fitting and assembly of final mould and press tools
- Tool setting on injection moulding machines and press
- Initial sampling and tool modifications
- Manufacture Jigs & Fixtures, Prototype tooling & parts and Test fixtures to support the manufacturing processes across the facility
- Active participation and facilitation of continuous improvements to tooling and production methods
- Maintaining and updating relevant documentation
- Working as part of a team to ensure set targets for delivery, quality and efficiency are met.
- Assisting in the training of apprentice toolmakers.
In addition to the required professional and technical expertise, candidates will be motivated and flexible with the ability to work on their own initiative. A customer and quality focus is essential. The ability to get on with others and to work as part of a team is also essential as is the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a keen eye for detail.