- Health, Safety & Environmental – Lead planning and execution of the HSE Engagement Metric. This comprises of: HSE review meetings, formal HSE training initiatives, toolbox talks, audits/inspections and safety kaizens/HSE continuous improvement projects.
- People – Train, coach and develop employees and management in HSE awareness and Safety Culture development. Leverage Change Management practices to obtain buy-in for new methods of work and management system implementation.
- Quality – Align with ISO Accredited Integrated Management Systems (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, ISO50001) to ensure compliance across all shifts. Revise documentation (Safe Systems of Work (SSOWs), SOPs, forms, worksheets) to an agreed, standardised work approach using known best practices.
- Delivery – Achieve on-time submission for regulatory, divisional and site-based reporting requirements.
- Cost – Own the HSE cost centre. Report measurable improvements on department costs through the company cost savings improvement activities while maintaining HSE system effectiveness.
- Inventory – Ensure raw materials, recycled content and manufactured product are handled in a responsible manner; aligned with divisional sustainability goals. Maintain SDS catalogue of on-site inventory.
- A degree in a relevant discipline or NEBOSH diploma. Alternatively, suitable similar qualification or appropriate industrial manufacturing experience and an ISO Lead Auditor Qualification.
- Experience in high-volume, high-mix manufacturing environment experience
- Leadership in a matrixed organisation, LOTO / hot work / hoisting & lifting / ergonomics program execution, ISO Management Systems and continuous improvement project management.
- Supervisory / line-management experience
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- Chartered level of relevant accredited body (IOSH, IEMA, IIRSM) and/or PUWER / Machinery Safety qualification.
- Plastic injection moulding experience, warehouse & distribution operations, delivering training to IOSH and NEBOSH standards
- Lean Principles (SMED, 5S, Standardized Work / SSOWs and SOPs) and data-driven decision making.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK