Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the manufacturing engineering function, taking overall responsibility for process development, validation and New Product Introduction. You’ll plan and deliver the projects to tight timescales, bringing best practice principles to the running of the team and developing LEAN processes for the line.
- Managing the test strategy and test development processes
- Having overall responsibility for the manufacturing engineering team through effective planning and communication of company vision and team objectives
- Managing the execution of multiple manufacturing engineering work-streams to ensure on-time delivery of production improvement goals
- Capacity planning of manufacturing engineering resources to ensure that effort is aligned with the needs of production
- Establishing strong links with the design teams to ensure that product is tested efficiently and effectively to ensure highest possible build quality
- Manage all aspects of the NPI process from change planning, through process automation and introduction to the line
- Working closely with supply chain, production and quality teams to ensure efficient and effective support is in place to ensure targeted system output
- Optimizing efficiency by championing leading edge manufacturing techniques and LEAN principles and driving down paper bureaucracy
- Recruitment, training and motivating employees to set highest possible standards for quality, efficiency, technical capability, GMP compliance, collaboration and teamwork
- Establish regular and efficient management reporting against project plan and budget for the engineering activities within manufacturing
- Managing the interfaces between the manufacturing function and the wider company
- Demonstrating leadership by ensuring decision making and communication are focused on the companies’ vision and values with excellent collaboration with other stakeholders.
We are a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We would expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Manufacturing Engineering Team remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to have:
- Experience of operating at an upper senior management level in a highly regulated manufacturing environment, preferably with experience of ISO 13485 certification and FDA GMP.
- Excellent communication skills with an extensive background in the day-to-day management of a manufacturing engineering team and associated production system deliverables
- Significant project-management track-record for on-time and on-budget delivery of manufacturing engineering projects covering:
- NPI activities
- Process development
- ERP improvements
- Test development and execution
- Fault diagnosis and rework strategies
- A proven ability in leading and developing teams, having successfully managed manufacturing engineering staff in support of the production of complex, regulated, electromechanical technologies (ideally medical device related)
- An innovative approach to problem solving within a progressive modern manufacturing facility
- A flexible and responsive approach with the ability to differentiate and prioritise between multiple conflicting priorities without losing sight of long-term strategic objectives
- A good degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience combined with a successful track record of manufacturing in a high-tech, low to mid volume, high quality environment – you should know what excellence looks like and how to get there
- If you don’t have direct experience of a medical device manufacturing environment, you may have worked in an equivalently regulated industry such as automotive or aerospace
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK