Head of Continuous Improvement
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement which will enable all teams at to deliver the mission of bringing minimal access surgery to everyone who needs it.
- Setting the strategy for business improvements that support ability to scale efficiently and deliver ambitious business goals.
- Managing a central team of business analysts to deliver company-wide change initiatives.
- Develop organisational process improvement capabilities, both in the central BA team and up-skilling teams in other functions around the business.
- Working with the Leadership Team and heads of department to identify and define opportunities for process improvement initiatives.
- Anticipating the business impact of changes and working with relevant stakeholders to manage the change.
- The ability to see the bigger picture, and to grow a culture of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable experience of successful process improvement and drive to design efficient and value-added processes.
- A proven track record of leading by example, being able to both set high level strategy and “get your hands dirty” supporting the business analysis work.
- Excellent stakeholder management with the ability to influence and clearly communicate com-plex technical and business problems.
- Knowledge and experience of mapping complex business processes and running business-wide programmes.
- Experience and relevant qualifications in change initiatives and different business change methodologies.
- Wide experience of different industries, including large multi-national companies and ideally manufacturing organisations.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK