Hardware Team Lead
- Working with management to define the overall direction of the products the team will develop.
- Leading and supporting the team as they develop a diverse range of hardware products, and guiding them through the development cycle – starting with user requirements gathering, to system architecture design, through to designing, prototyping, testing, and iterating to create excel-lent products.
- Collaborating with third party contractors, potentially at multiple stages of the project e.g. test and certification, transfer of manufacture to outside parties, etc.
- Owning the technical strategy behind the product into serviceable components and handling the compatibility challenges that arise as the product is iteratively improved
- Mentoring and developing the team, teaching them new skills and best practice.
- Line management of a team of engineers – helping them to develop, achieve their objectives, and deliver complex technical projects with excellence.
- Ensuring products are developed to compliance with the relevant safety and EMC standards, e.g IEC 61010, 62368, 61236 etc, and that the appropriate change control is applied to these products.
- Deep experience in at least one relevant engineering discipline e.g. Mechanical, Electronic, Software. Plus enhanced by broad experience of other engineering disciplines.
- Able to demonstrate strong product development skills, with experience of the project lifecycle from conception through to final delivery.
- You will enjoy being responsible for delivering complex technical projects and will have a passion for providing mentorship and coaching of junior colleagues as they work to achieve the teams aims.
- The unique position of the team within the company – at the intersection of in-field support, product development and manufacture – means effectively interacting with other teams across many disciplines will be part of the day job. To be successful in the role you will need to enthusiastically engage with your many customers within the business to determine their underlying needs. Therefore, good communication and interpersonal skills are important.
- Prior experience of leading a team is not essential, however a desire to constantly grow and develop as a leader is.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK