Gas and Oil Team Lead
- Collaborative and engaging personality who is technically competent and experienced in test or development work and is comfortable leading and managing technical teams
- A person who can demonstrate a keen intelligence, worth ethic, and collegiate approach towards working as part of a team
- An appreciation of safety and quality is essential, and the person must have a keen interest in helping customers to make improvements in these areas
- A person who is keen to pass on their technical and practical knowledge to others
- An individual who is practical, enjoys solving complex hands-on problems and technically difficult challenges and who would gain much satisfaction and excel within our technical and laboratory-based teams
- Being an ambassador of Health and Safety
- Line management of individual Gas & Oil Team members and resource management across the Gas & Oil Team to optimise utilisation rates.
- Accounting for the availability and functionality of facilities and equipment assigned to the Gas & Oil Team and management of their use by Gas & Oil Team members to ensure that all equipment is correctly calibrated and available to meet customer demand as required
- Management of the Gas & Oil Team portfolio of projects and assigning Gas & Oil Team resources to deliver these as necessary
- Project Management to time, budget, and scope and resource management of the portfolio of Gas & Oil projects.
- Client communication, internal and external technical relationship building
- Maintenance of expert knowledge in accordance with industry standards and best practice
- Preparation of project scope, pre-calculations and quotations in collaboration with the Business Development Manager and the Head of Business Support.
- Work independently and in collaboration with other team members to ensure that customer’s expectations are met within agreed project deadlines and budgets.
- Training and assessment of Gas & Oil Appliance Test Technicians and Trainee Gas & Oil Appliance Test Technicians in accordance with (UKAS accredited) quality system, competency framework and the relevant test standards.
Testing related duties will include:
- Analysis of laboratory test data, preparation of results sheets and laboratory test reports.
- Risk assessment and the writing of method statements relating to the preparation and testing of fuels, safe operation of appliances and lab test work.
- Maintenance of a clean and organised lab and good husbandry of equipment to ensure safe systems of work are followed and work is conducted efficiently
- Understand and apply requirements of (UKAS accredited) quality system.
- Understand and apply test standards and methods in them.
- Focus on the customer
- Work co-operatively with customers and stakeholders (internal and external) in order to meet and exceed their expectations?
- Listen to their input and cares about their views when meeting their requirements?
- Collaborate and Share Knowledge
- Seek to create learning and collective success through teamwork?
- Listen to others’ perspectives, shares knowledge and offers mutual support?
- Deliver on Commitments
- Plan what needs to be delivered and then takes responsibility and holds others to account for making it happen?
- Adjust plans accordingly to find alternative routes of success?
- Adapt to change
- Respond positively to individual or organisational change?
- Challenge traditional solutions and explore new options?
- Act with care, safety, integrity and professionalism
- Demonstrate care, trust and integrity in your day to day working?
- Develop People
- Empower and allow people to develop themselves within their own professional job family and within a multi-disciplinary environment?
- Identify needs and skills through development plans for current and future business success?
- Have a Global Approach
- Have a flexible approach to different situations, promoting information flow and integration with all corporate units?
- Work in international environments through adaptation and cross-cultural management and integration?
- Free onsite parking
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- 5 hours per week
- Hybrid Working
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced pension
- EAP – Free, independent Employee Assistance Programme, offering confidential information, support, advice and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Working for a leading organisation that supports internal progression and promotion
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK