Field Service Engineer
- Installation, troubleshooting, repair and scheduled maintenance of our integrated surgical robotic systems within the assigned territory
- Ensuring Preventative Maintenance actions are carried out precisely and on time and to ensure all service works are clearly and accurately documented
- Performs remote log analysis using dedicated engineering tools
- Owning customer issues from identification of issue through to resolution and maintaining great customer satisfaction
- Provide technical support to end-users and internal company teams including Commercial, Marketing, Professional Education and Clinical
- Helping develop the technical support & service processes
- Maintaining customer service logs, internal service records and accurate configurations of the installed base
- Managing spare parts inventory, from ordering to managing the reverse logistic of spare parts and calibration tools
- Ensuring all administrative tasks are performed on time (CRM Field Service orders, Reverse logistic paperwork, expenses…)
- Providing feedback to Engineering Development and Manufacturing teams (call escalation)
- A relevant technical degree and / or experience and excellent practical mechanical and electronics experience
- Based in the UK within 1hr drive of an international airport
- Be prepared to cover field service outside of the UK
- A can-do hands-on attitude
- Ability to self-schedule his/her activity (PM Schedule, system upgrades, repairs)
- Pro-active service mindset
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers in high pressure situations and maintain strong customer relationships
- Good listener and strong communication skills (both oral & written)
- Willingness to work in a cross functional environment (Sales, Customer Ops, Product Support…)
- Proven track record in independently troubleshooting complex electro-mechanical systems
- A mechanical aptitude for performing any mechanical component repair or re-placement to exacting standards
- Electronics experience and ability to perform software updates via engineering interfaces
- Field Service Experience within a regulated environment such as medical/pharmaceutical or aerospace
- Good written English and the ability to use Microsoft Office suite tools.
- A full driving licence, be capable of travelling at short notice and be able to handle the rigours of air travel
It would be desirable to have:
- Experience and knowledge of Operating Theatre protocols and working with hospitals (highly desirable but not essential)
- Experience in servicing capital equipment would be beneficial (Imaging, surgical robotics, radiotherapy…)
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK