Relevant Job Titles:
Extrusion Setter, Extrusion Technician, Extrusion Operator, Moulding Setter
The main purpose of the Extrusion Production Technician role is to manufacture extruded products and must ensure that production standards relating to safety, quality, outputs and cost are met.
The Production Technician will have to complete product / tool changeovers on Extrusion machines, process start-up and shut-down together with quality checks including first off approval and routine periodic checks.
The Production Technician will be required to undertake Production Operator tasks as and when required; including visual and dimensional quality checks, packing, labelling, transfer of data to relevant systems (SAP, BARCO, QUALITY DATABASE) and moving by truck to the finished goods yard.
- Selection of job / tool / product from planning board taking account of priorities
- Selection of machine for removal of outgoing tool and insertion of new tool / calibrator
- Last of extruded product checked and tooling / production data entered onto the appropriate system Set up Extrusion machine and downstream equipment using relevant data sheets
- Obtain first off sample for dimensional and physical testing
- Machine put into operation and the operator informed of production so that packaging and labels can be sourced
- Document all relevant data on QUALITY DATABASE, BARCO, or SAP
- Conduct ongoing quality checks for visual, dimensional and stress testing
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental standards for self and others
- Extrusion Setting experience