- Ensure that production plans are met on time and in full at the required cost and quality levels.
- Ensure all agreed safe methods of working are followed at all times and report near misses or Big Six hazards in order to prevent potential accidents.
- Complete product / tool changeovers, including the die head, calibrators and all associated downstream equipment are completed in a safe manner within the expected changeover time.
- Ensure that product first off and routine quality checks are completed and that products meet the required dimensional and visual specifications.
- Start-up and shutdown of the various extrusion processes.
- Ensure that standard production outputs are met or exceeded.
- Ensure both extrusion tool / calibrator and equipment are maintained to the highest standards within the bounds of the Production Technician responsibilities.
- Participate in production handover at the beginning and end of each shift worked.
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping within the factory areas, including the cleaning of machines and removal of unwanted materials.
- Participate in improvement activities such as SMED, Kaizen Teams (continuous improvement) and 6S activities.
- Ensure all relevant data is captured and entered onto appropriate systems (e.g. scrap, production outputs, tooling problems, downtime, material reconciliation, quality, overweight etc)
- Work with training coordinator to ensure knowledge, training and development is passed onto relevant new starts or apprentices
- Ensure all waste products are separated into their designated containers
- Selection of machine for removal of outgoing tool and insertion of new tool / calibrator
- Last of extruded product checked and tooling / production data entered onto the appropriate system
- Set up Extrusion machine and downstream equipment using relevant data sheets
- Obtain first off sample for dimensional and physical testing
- Machine put into operation and the operator informed of production so that packaging and labels can be sourced
- Document all relevant data on QUALITY DATABASE, BARCO, or SAP
- Conduct ongoing quality checks for visual, dimensional and stress testing
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental standards for self and others
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK