Extrusion Setter – Do you have experience of setting extrusion lines? Are you looking to be a part of a growing company where you can help shape the business’ future?
Established for over 20 years this business specialises in the manufacture of plastic products using extrusion and injection moulding processes.
- Supervising a small team of 4-6 operators on a 12-hour night shift extruding plastic profiles
- Ensure good housekeeping and team discipline, including checking the work of others and providing hands on training to junior team members to improve their machine setting skills
- Assume overall responsibility for security, fire safety and first aid as the senior person on the ground at night
- Setting of machines to start the production cycle
- Controlling and adjusting machines settings to ensure product quality and production rates are achieved
- Adhere to safe working practices and “Standard Operations”
- Challenge non-conformance and participate as required in the introduction of counter measures
- Participate in basic Preventative Maintenance procedures to further improve the availability of the line
- Contribute to the improvement of working procedures by constantly looking for solutions to ensure the best productivity results being compliant with procedures, operating instructions and work instructions
- Other general duties as required by the management team
- Proven experience as an Extrusion Machine Setter-Operator
- Understanding of production procedures
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Proficient and capable Extrusion abilities
- Adaptable to change and varying situations
- Ability to show resilience and a flexible approach
- Good communication skills
- Data entry skills
- Personal Attributes
- A team player
- Attention to detail
- Physical stamina and strength
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK