Extrusion Lead Setter
- To actively manage and monitor shift performance and output, allocating work tasks across your Shift Team.
- Working a continental shift pattern (days and nights) 6-6
- To manage a secure Site un-lock / lock-up and for your allocated work area along with the safe start-up and shut-down of all manufacturing processes and procedures allocated to your Shift.
- To manage and coordinate the day-to-day production demands arising from your allocated Shift, ensuring 100% fulfilment of the production schedule and working to within Company business and policy objectives.
- Working cooperatively with and within your Team to support the effective planning, co-ordination, and delivery of production output to meet the demand placed upon your Team, meeting delivery of production schedule and Company business and policy objectives.
- To ensure the required quality of output is delivered and Customer satisfaction is maintained.
- To develop and work with your Team with the aim to improve production output process and the embrace lean principles, new manufacturing techniques and process improvement methodology across all work tasks, operations, and the work environment.
- Working with your Team to maintain a teamworking ethic, working together and collaboratively to improve Team engagement, performance, increase productivity and eliminate or reduce the impact of identified problems and waste.
- To maintain in an accurate and timely way appropriate records as required by your Team to record and monitor Production output, Team, Process and Product performance.
- To maintain a high level of housekeeping and ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to for you and your Team, ensuring your Team and workplace operates in a safe and healthy environment to within Company policy, practice, and legislation.
- To develop and keep up to date your personal knowledge, skills, and experience.
- To work collaboratively with your Colleagues to achieve the attainment of any business aims and objectives.
- To undertake any activity as directed by the Line Management and within current skill range or training to support the introduction of new activities, attitudes, skills, or knowledge and/or the demonstration of professional competence.
- At all times during employment to devote sufficient attention to the duties and activities required by this employment and to faithfully and diligently perform such duties and powers assigned to the job holder.
- To promote the interests of the Company and any Group Company always.
- To undertake any tasks in support of the Company’s business objectives.
- Experience within a production / engineering environment – to include demonstrable knowledge of Twin Conical Screw Extrusion Machines, Packing Automation, and Ancillary Extrusion Shop Equipment.
- Demonstrable materials processing knowledge of PVC (Virgin & Recycled Grades)
- Experience of setting, operating, and troubleshooting a wide range of production tooling within a production environment.
- Production Schedule Management Skills – the ability to work to plan and troubleshoot in delivering production objectives within agreed time scales and costs.
- Quality Management – to include process management and the ability to adhere to and improve agreed procedures.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK