Environmental Health & Safety Manager –
- Drive the global Health & Safety agenda for the company, and promote good working practices that comply with all relevant legislation
- Overseeing our measures to identify, assess and monitor risks and hazards in the workplace to create a safe and healthy environment for our employees, customers, and visitors
- Investigate near misses and accidents, identifying and implementing learning points
- Conduct and organise HSE audits to evaluate the effectiveness of the company’s systems and procedures
- Driving the globalisation of our HSE standards
- Establish a proactive culture of health and safety and champion continuous improvement programs
- Ensure the company builds sustainability into its thinking
- Work with stakeholders across the company to formulate and drive our Sustainability strategy
- Coordinate key environmental impact aspects across the business such as pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation, and renewable energy
- Monitoring and interpreting new and emerging legislation, and industry codes of practice that impact our industry.
- Ensure the company remains a safe and attractive place to work, a trusted partner to do business with and a sustainable company to invest in.
- We are a high growth company and roles can change and evolve. You will need to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the health and safety remit that supports the team with delivering its objectives.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have/be:
- A strong communicator and influencer, capable of sound judgement, backed by your operational and technical credibility
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and other legislation relevant to the company’s business / industry
- NEBOSH diploma
- A “hands-on” implementer of processes and change
- Experience of managing a broad range of stakeholders internally and externally
- Good understanding of Corporate Sustainability
- Previous responsibilities that have covered auditing, monitoring, reporting, recordkeeping, and training across HSE
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK